The state noted that Saturday's numbers could be low due to the New Year's holiday.
The total number of cases in Illinois now stands at 975,352, with a total of 16,674 deaths.
Find out how many people may get a COVID-19 vaccine before you
WATCH: Will Astra-Zeneca vaccines be available in US soon?
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 61,987 specimens for a total 13,436,652.
As of Friday night, 3,799 patients in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 783 patients were in the ICU and 458 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
RELATED: Illinois coronavirus testing: Where to get tested for COVID-19 in Illinois, Chicago area
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Dec. 26 - Jan. 1 is 9.6%.
The test positivity rate is a metric the state began providing in late October. It is calculated by using the total number of positive tests over the total number of tests. This is the metric being used to by state health officials to make decisions about mitigations.
More than 95% of Chicago's vaccines distributed, mayor says
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said in a tweet Saturday that the city has distributed more than 95% of vaccines it received.
She also added that at the current rate of dose allocation from the federal government, it would take nearly one and a half years to fully vaccinate the city.
State-run COVID-19 testing sites were closed Friday for the New Year's holiday.
Indoor dining and bar service is still banned in Kane County, according to state COVID-19 mitigation rules, but some people chose to ring in the new year inside a South Elgin pub. Stanley's Restaurant and Ale House defied state orders, offering food, drink, karaoke and trivia - all inside - while trying to enforce its own COVID-19 rules.
The owners said they have been open for business inside without any citation from the county or the state for the last 10 weeks.
WATCH: Vaccines' impact may not be felt until spring, medical experts say
Chicago officials shut down two parties on Near Year's Eve and issued seven notices to businesses for violating COVID-19 restrictions.
See where COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered
The deaths reported Saturday include:
- Christian County: 1 female 60s
- Cook County: 1 male 50s, 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s, 1 male 90s
- DuPage County: 2 males 70s
- Fayette County: 1 male 90s
- Franklin County: 1 male 70s
- Jackson County: 1 female 90s
- Jefferson County: 1 female 50s
- Kane County: 1 female 70s
- Marshall County: 1 male 70s
- McHenry County: 2 females 70s, 1 male 70s
- McLean County: 1 female 90s, 1 male 90s
- Monroe County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 90s
- Morgan County: 1 male 80s
- Peoria County: 1 male 80s
- Sangamon County: 1 female 60s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 80s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 80s
- Will County: 1 male 80s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 80s