'Sweet Sixteen' 16-layer sandwich
1 loaf Italian bread; sliced horizontally into three pieces
one-quarter lb. Sara Lee smoked provolone cheese
one-quarter lb. Sara Lee salami
one-quarter lb. Hillshire Farm Hearty slices oven-roasted turkey breast
one-quarter lb. Hillshire Farm Hearty slices Virginia Brand baked ham
three-quarters cup arugula
12 thin slices of tomato
6 ounces kalamata olives; pitted, finely chopped
6 ounces green olives; pitted, finely chopped
6 ounces olive oil
2 anchovy fillets; minced
1 red bell pepper; roasted, skinned, deseeded and chopped
Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. In a medium bowl combine olives, olive oil, anchovy fillets, red pepper, parsley, oregano and lemon juice. Place olive mixture in refrigerator to marinate.
2. Remove olive mixture from refrigerator and drain olive oil.
3. Spread thick layer of olive salad on bottom slice of bread.
4. Layer cheese, meat and then lettuce and tomato on bread.
5. Top with middle slice of bread and repeat steps 2 and 3.
6. Top with remaining piece of bread loaf.
7. Slice and serve.
'Elite Eight' 8-layer taco dip
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese; softened
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 (1 oz) package taco seasoning mix
1 (28 oz) can refried beans
1 lb. Hillshire Farm Hot smoked sausage with spicy jalapeno; diced
1 (16 oz) jar salsa
green onions, roughly chopped
3/4 cup sliced black olives, drained
roma tomatoes, chopped
2 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese mix
1. In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning mix and garlic.
2. In a small bowl combine the black olives and tomatoes.
3. In a large glass bowl layer the cheese mixture, refried beans, salsa, smoked sausage, green onion tomato mixture, black olives, chopped tomatoes, lettuce.
4. Top with shredded cheese.
5. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Serve with corn tortilla chips.
'Final Four' 4-cheese foccacia
1 ready to bake foccacia/flatbread
1/4 lb taleggio cheese
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese; softened
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano; chopped
1/2 teaspoon truffle oil (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut foccacia in half horizontally.
3. In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, taleggio, oregano, lemon juice and two tablespoons of olive oil.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Spread a mixture in a thick layer on bottom half of foccacia and top with remaining half of foccacia.
6. In small bowl combine, 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil with the truffle oil.
7. Brush or drizzle top of foccacia with oil mixture. Sprinkle with sea salt.
8. Place on a baking sheet and bake in oven until warm and golden, approximately 8-12 minutes.
9. Cut and serve warm.