- Ingredients: (Serves 4-6)
- 2 cups Arborio Rice
- 1 Spanish Onion, small dice
- 4 ears Sweet Corn
- 1.5 quart of simmering Corn Stock or Water
- 2 cups White Wine
- Softened Butter
- Manchego Cheese
- Summer Truffles
1. Place corn stock or water on stove and bring to a simmer
2. Over medium heat sweat the onion in a small amount of olive oil or butter.
3. When the onion is translucent add the rice and stir until hot to the touch (2 to 3 minutes)
4. Once the rice is hot add 2 cups white wine and increase heat to medium high.
5. Stir the rice and wine until all the wine is absorbed by the rice, The bottom of the pan should become visible as you stir.
6. Begin adding Corn Stock 4 to 6 oz.'s at a time and stirring until it is absorbed.
7. When half the corn stock has been added to your risotto add your corn kernels and some chopped truffle.
8. Add the rest of the corn stock 4 to 6 oz.'s at a time stirring constantly.
9. Once all the stock or water has been added to your rice taste a small bite. If the rice is under cooked (still crunchy) add some more stock or water and continue cooking. If the rice is cooked season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Remove the rice from the heat and stir in grated Manchego cheese and softened butter.
11. Mound the risotto in a serving bowl and garnish with shaved truffles.