- 1 tablespoon kosher salt plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 3/4 pound rigatoni
- 2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 pound grilled Italian Sausage sliced
- 1 pound sliced roasted red peppers (canned ok)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups of simple marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flake paste
Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, add olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Sautee for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily! Add the Italian sausage and roasted red peppers, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and the black pepper and sautee until hot (about 2 minutes) stirring often, add marinara and ricotta, and romano cheese. Remove from the heat, add the parsley and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
When the pasta is done, drain the cooked rigatoni and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the sauce mixture.