1. Apply product
- large round brush if you are looking for a soft curl or a straight look
- smaller brush if you are looking for more body or even tight waves/curls
- If you are looking for a straight look use a large round brush or flat brush
- If you are looking for a more full bouncy look use a medium to small round brush
- To keep volume and body in a section you just dried, roll and pin each section as you go and let them cool down
2. Toss hair dry and get about 80% of the moisture out
3. Section hair front to back
4. Use the right brush
Sue Leonis came up with the idea for blo.dri. During her international travels, she noticed the popularity of style-only salons in cosmopolitan cities where women took advantage of the quick, affordable services. She returned to Chicago with a business plan in mind and business partner Lori Montana on board, and blo.dri was born.
"I wanted to bring this style-only concept to Chicago, where sophisticated women can find an easy way to look and feel their best without expending too much time or money," said Leonis.
blo.dri will offers hair styling for $25 to $35, depending on the length and texture of hair. blo.dri understands the needs of busy, professional women and accepts walk-ins as well as appointments.
In addition to blow outs and chic up-do's, blo.dri offers daily specials, such as a "champagne blo.out", which features a blow-dry styling accompanied by complimentary champagne and a special gift for an additional $15. blo.dri also caters to groups celebrating special occasions, such as bridal showers, bachelorette parties and corporate events, creating a unique, personal experience for each of these groups.
"blo.dri will offer a warm, inviting space where busy women can go to escape from their hectic days, maybe catch up with a friend, and have a fabulous blo out at a reasonable price," said Montana.
In addition to styling services, blo.dri will sell natomy and FARIDA B hair products, as well as Trinity skin products. Made from minerals from the Dead Sea, Trinity products are being offered for the first time in the United States and sold exclusively at blo.dri. The hair and skin products will be priced from $16 to $50.
blo.dri is located at 408 N. Clark Street. Hours are from Monday and Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Special hours will be available for groups or by request. For more information, visit www.blodri.com or call (312) 595-3000.