WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the brown sugar and melted butter and spread evenly over the bottom of an ungreased 8-inch cast-iron skillet or cake pan. Arrange the pineapple slices over the brown sugar mixture and set aside.
3. Beat the eggs together in a mixing bowl. Add the granulated sugar and mix well.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and pineapple juice and stir until blended. Pour the batter evenly over the pineapple slices.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Place a cake plate on top of the cake and flip it over onto the plate. Place a maraschino cherry inside each pineapple hole.