Quantity for 12
1. In a stock pot over high heat add cream. Slice vanilla beans in half lengthwise and add flesh and skin to cream. Heat cream for 10-15 minutes to let cream rise to the top of the sauce pot, then turn off heat.
2. Separate eggs into mixing bowl; add sugar to eggs after cream has been pulled from heat. Mix well with a wire whip.
3. Temper egg mixture by gradually pouring a little of the hot cream over eggs a little at a time. Pour the egg mixture back into the sauce pot set on medium high heat. Continue to mix with rubber spatula until Brûlée mix is slightly thick.
4. Strain mixture through fine china cap and check for consistency by making sure that the vanilla seeds do not drop in the mixture. Skim any bubbles off top of mix.
5. Pour mix into Brulee dishes and set on sheet pan in water bath. Bake in 300º oven for 30 minutes, rotate pan in oven and cook for 30 more minutes until done.
6. Remove from oven and let sit out for 10 minutes. Place in walk-in to finish cooling.