Submitted by Laurie Winward of Chicago
This is a triple layered cookie confection. They are made with a linzer cookie base, milk chocolate truffle filling and bittersweet chocolate coating. The combination of truffles and cookies is really indulgent!
Linzer Cookie Base Ingredients:
Three sticks sweet butter, softened
1 cup 10X sugar
2 cups pastry flour
1 cup cornstarch
1. Cream butter and one cup sugar until light.
2. Add Egg and mix well.
3. Sift together flour and cornstarch; add to creamed mixture and blend well
4. Gather dough into ball, wrap in wax paper and chill 6 hours
5. Roll dough into ¼ thickness; using Christmas cookie cutters, cut out cookies
6. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Chill cookies for 45 minutes
8. Preheat oven to 325F
9. Bake cookies for 6 minutes
10. Remove and cool on baking rack*
Chocolate Truffle Filling
80% Milk Chocolate, cut into bits
20% Coconut Oil
1. Melt chocolate add oil mix together until smooth
2. Strain mix; chill until mix hits a viscosity good for enrobing (approx. 30 min)
Cookie/Truffle Base Assembly
1. Place cookies on rack and slowly pour chocolate truffle over cookies.
2. Continue until all cookies are coated.
3. Place coated cookies on wax paper to set.
Bittersweet Chocolate Coating**
Chocolate should be tempered to coat the cookies.
8 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate
1. Place Cookie/Truffle Bases on Baking Rack,
2. Enrobe cookies with dark chocolate.**
3. Bottom cookies with chocolate once chocolate top coating has hardened
4. Trim off excess chocolate.
If you have a great recipe, please send it to us by clicking here, and we'll post them as we receive them.