1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup flour
cup rose water (to moisten cake)
1 pint parve whipping cream, divided
1 cup powdered sugar
parve whipping cream
chocolate shavings or melted chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 17" x12" x1" jellyroll sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Beat eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer for 1 minute or until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla and continue beating for 3 minutes or until the mixture begins to turn pale yellow.
3. Gently and thoroughly fold in baking powder and flour with a flat spatula, making sure not to deflate the eggs. Spread batter evenly into the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until center springs back when lightly pressed.
4. In the meantime, whip parve whipping cream until peaks form. Add sugar and combine. Set aside.
5. When cake is ready, hold the corners of the paper and remove from tray onto a flat surface. Peel cake off paper. Roll, 12-inch side in, along with the parchment paper. Set aside for a few minutes.
6. Unroll and use a pastry brush to moisten the top of the cake with rose water. Spread cream evenly on the cake, leaving some for garnish. Roll again
7. Place on a platter, seam side down, and garnish with powdered sugar, melted chocolate, parve whipped cream, and strawberries, as desired. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
Yield: 10 slices