- 1 can (16 ounces) pureed pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar or Sucanat (or 1/2 cup maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch to firm up the pie filling
- 1 package (10-12 ounces) silken/soft tofu
- 1 9 inch graham cracker crust pie shell (I used one from Arrowhead Mills)
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Mix the pumpkin and sugar. Add salt, spices, cornstarch and tofu, mix thoroughly.
3. Pour mixture into pie shell and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Lower heat to 350° F and bake for another 60 minutes. Chill and serve.