- Mount Rushmore National Memorial is one of 6 National Parks in South Dakota
- Nearly 3 million people visit the Black Hills of South Dakota each year to see Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
- One of the world's greatest mountain carvings, the 60-foot high faces, took 14 years and one million dollars to create.
- The state of South Dakota is celebrating its 125th anniversary of statehood this year with celebrations and activities all year long.
- To find out more about travel to South Dakota and special events for the 125th anniversary, visit www.travelsd.com
Meet Mount Rushmore Mascots Thursday:
Millennium Park: 11 a.m.
Willis Tower: 2:00pm-3:30pm