CHICAGO (WLS) -- The Chicago Fire Department responded to a South Side school Monday morning after high carbon monoxide levels were reported.
Chicago police and the Chicago Fire Department were alerted to a strong smell of a gas leak at Burnside Elementary School at 650 East 91st Place at about 5:13 a.m. The fire department said that the Level 2 Hazardous Materials response has been secured.
No injuries were reported and Peoples Gas has responded to the scene. CPS said in a statement that there was a problem with the school's boiler and that students are being escorted to Burnside Church, 639 E. 91st Pl.
CPS said in a statement, "The CPS Facilities Team has been working on an assessment of the situation and repairs are underway. Because we expect that the repairs will take the full day, we will be transporting all of the students to Dixon Elementary school. Students will be returned to Burnside Elementary School for pick up at the end of the day."
More TOP STORIES News