Thursday is a special day where cat-lovers around the country "paws" to appreciate their feline friends.
Every day may be the day of the cat in your household, but ever since 2005, National Cat Day has been officially celebrated on Oct. 29.
Here are nine purrfect ways to make sure you and your cat enjoy the day.
1. Adopt a cat from your local shelter or cat rescue.
2. Have a safety check of your home to make sure it's safe for your furry friend.
3. Buy your feline a collar and tag with your name and number, just in case they get outside and happen to become lost.
4. Brush your cat to eliminate excess fur and hairballs.
5. Buy your kitty a fun new toy, bed or treats.
6. Spend the day taking photos of your cat and posting them on social media.
7. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to play with some cats, clean cages and litter boxes or anything else they need help with.
8. Bake some cat-shaped cookies for your kids, friends or office and bake some tuna cookies for your furry friend.
9. Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
For more about National Cat Day, visit the holiday's official website.
Happy National Cat Day! Here are 9 purrfect ways to celebrate
1 / 13
People across the country are sharing the photos of their pets on National Cat Day.