How to file a claim with IDOT, CDOT for pothole repair

ByABC7 Chicago Digital Team WLS logo
Thursday, February 1, 2024
How to file a claim for pothole repair
Potholes can cause extensive damage to your car, but you can report them to Chicago and IDOT to file a claim for repairs.

CHICAGO (WLS) -- Time now for the traffic troubleshooter and we are talking about potholes!

The questions is on some monster potholes on the Stevenson Expressway.

IDOT will work with motorists who believe their vehicles were damaged on roadways under state jurisdiction and maintenance. The procedure to file a claim with IDOT can be found at: They can also call 847.705.4048, or contact IDOT's Central Bureau of Claims at 217.782.6263.

To report issues on a state road or expressway the public should call 800.452.4368.

For CDOT and the city of Chicago call 3-1-1 to report a pothole

To file a claim, visit,of%20the%20costs%20you%20incurred.