CHICAGO (WLS) -- FBI officials are continuing to search for a suspect they've dubbed the "Play Along Bandit," a man wanted in connection with seven robberies that have occurred since October 2014.
The most recent bank robbery was reported at First American Bank in the 1200-block of South Wabash in the city's South Loop neighborhood on Friday. Officials say the suspect allegedly displayed a handgun during the incident.
Authorities have named the suspect the "Play Along Bandit" because witnesses say he acts like a customer before each robbery.
The suspect is also wanted in connection with the following robberies:
- ABC Bank, 5645 W. Cocoran, on Dec. 20
- Harris Bank, 1620 W. 95th St. on Dec. 6
- First Merit Bank, 1715 W. 47th, on Nov. 25
- Citi Bank, 2000 W. 79th, on Nov. 14
- Fifth Third Bank, 8140 S. Ashland, on Oct. 28
- ABC Bank, 9443 S. Ashland, on Oct. 18.
The suspect is described as a black man in his late 20s around 5-foot-8 inches tall.
The FBI is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the capture of the suspect. Anyone with information regarding the "Play-Along Bandit" should contact the FBI in Chicago at 312-421-6700.