1 1/2 Cup Salted butter
2/3 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Onion, Medium Diced
1/3 Cup Bell Pepper, Medium Diced
3/4 Cup Celery, Medium Diced
2 Tbl. Paprika
1 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 Tsp. Black Pepper
3/4 Tsp. Fresh minced garlic
1 Qt. Crawfish Stock, (Fish stock, or Chicken stock may be substituted)
2 Lb. Crawfish Tail Meat
1/2 Cup Green Onion Tops, 1/4" Slice
2 Tbl. Chopped Fresh Parsley
1. Blend 1/2 Cup Butter and 2/3 Cup flour in a sauce pan. Stir while cooking for 3 to 4 minutes, over a medium flame. Set Aside.
2. In a 1 Gal. Sauce pan, add 1/2 cup butter, onion, bell pepper, and celery. Sauté over medium heat, while stirring, for 7 to 10 minutes.
3. Add paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, and crawfish stock. Bring to a simmer, for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring.
4. Add reserved roux from step 1, stirring well with a fine wire whisk. Reduce to medium heat, and boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add crawfish tails, green onion tops, and parsley.
6. Stir in the last 1/2 cup of butter.