Chicago residents given smoke detectors after fire

February 18, 2008 2:13:16 PM PST
Firefighters were busy Monday morning canvassing a South Side neighborhood where a fatal fire happened Sunday night.They were handing out fire safety information and smoke detectors to families living in the area in hopes of preventing any future tragedies.

Sunday night's fire happened at a bungalow near 101st Street and Princeton. The flames started in a mattress in a basement bedroom.

Antia Gibson, 23, died on the way to the hospital. A man in his fifties was hurt seriously.


Load Comments