1. WHITEN YOUR TEETH - You can take years off your age by whitening your teeth. As we age, the outer layer of enamel on teeth gets worn away revealing the natural color of dentin. There are some great over-the-counter whitening agents that are quite inexpensive.
- 5-Minute Tooth Whitening System, Natural White for $2. For more information: http://www.walgreens.com
3. TREAT YOURSELF: CREATE YOUR OWN MOISTURIZING FACIAL MASK
- Facials and moisturizing masks are not only healthy for your skin -- they are a great way to release stress, which can cause wrinkles & breakouts.
- Create your own mask straight from the kitchen by combining a half cup of pineapple, a table spoon of honey & teaspoon of olive oil. Mix all three in a blender, apply with a spoon to your face for 10 minutes & relax. The pineapple will exfoliate dead skin cells; the olive oil will provide deep moisturizing; the honey will replenish skin with much-needed nutrients.
- Brita Water filters, available at Amazon for about $16. For more information: www.amazon.com
- esente's Red Volcanic Seaweed Complex as it includes astaxanthin, which is 500 times stronger than vitamin E. It is $68 at esente.com/Rejuva-RedVolcanic.html.
6. EAT FOODS THAT PRODUCE A 'GLOW' FROM WITHIN - They say 'you are what you eat,' and when it comes to maintaining clear, vibrant skin, it's true. Look to integrate green tea, blueberries and tomatoes into your diet. Victoria recommends:
- 2 cups of green tea daily, because it contains polyphenols which is anti-inflammatory, and inflammation is what causes wrinkles.
- Blueberries with breakfast because they help fight free radical damage and create that glowing skin.
- Tomatoes at dinner because they are rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that protects skin from sun damage and cancer.
8. WEAR LESS MAKEUP - Wearing too much make-up can add years to your face. Heavy powders tend to make the skin look dry and accentuate lines. Opt for a lightweight foundation with light-reflecting ingredients to brighten the skin. As we get older we tend to get lines around the lips, which can cause lipstick to bleed. Use a neutral lip liner to seal lipstick and to help shape the lips. Don't forget to top your lips and eyelashes with a dab of Vaseline as this provides youthful look.
- Vaseline (Buy a jar at your local pharmacy for less than $2)
10. SMILE - When you smile it gives the impression of an instant face-lift.
For more information, visit Victoria Nash's website at www.esente.com.