Boy in critical condition after clothes ignite

February 1, 2009 7:49:30 AM PST
A 9-year-old South Side boy may have saved his own life after his clothes caught fire.It happened Saturday morning when the boy walked pass a propane space heater in his home in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood.

Fire officials say the boy remembered to "stop, drop and roll." That controlled the fire until the boy's grandmother was able to pull his clothes off.

Paramedics transported him to a hospital in critical condition with burns to his back.


Load Comments