The Breast Cancer 3-Day walk

April 12, 2009 7:26:47 AM PDT
The Breast Cancer 3-Day is a 60-mile walk for women and men who want to make a personal difference in the fight against breast cancer. Participants commit to fundraising, training and dedicating an entire weekend to the cause. It takes place in 15 cities nationwide and raises millions of dollars for breast cancer research, education and community health programs. Breast Cancer 3-Day participants raise a minimum of $2,300 and walk an average of 20 miles a day, educating tens of thousands of people about breast health with every step.

As the primary beneficiary of the Breast Cancer 3-Day, Susan G. Komen for the Cure receives 85% of net proceeds. The remaining 15 percent goes to the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.

Last year there were 3,100 participants who raised more than $6.1 million in Chicago alone. This year the Breast Cancer 3-Day takes place August 7-9. The event season starts on Sunday, April 19th with the official training walk kick-off at three different locations in the Greater Chicago area.

Please visit The3Day.org or call 800.996.3DAY for more information.


Load Comments