TOP RIB TIPS
· There are different types of ribs: pork ribs and beef ribs.
· Sweet Baby Ray's uses different cuts of pork ribs: Baby Backs, St. Louis Cut Spare Ribs, and rib tips.
· St. Louis Cut Spare Ribs are meatier and have more flavor, so those are a favorite of Sweet Baby Ray's
· Boiling ribs is considered sacrilege in the world of barbecue. It washes out the flavor of the pork.
· The best way to cook ribs is low and slow in a smoker at 200-225 degrees, using the wood of your choice.
· If you don't have a smoker, you can use a barbecue grill, using indirect heat at 200-225 degrees.
· Depending on the size of the rib, it should take between 2.5 to 3.5 hours to cook.
· Sauces should be put on at the very end, and finished on the grill.
TOP TEN GRILLING TIPS
10. Clean, preheat, & season grill before cooking.
9. Season or marinate foods well before grilling to enhance flavor.
8. Sear steaks, chops, and fish at high temperatures to lock in juices and flavor.
7. Use tongs or spatula to prevent puncturing food with a fork and loosing juices.
6. For perfect grill marks, rotate foods from 10:00 to 2:00 with 3 turns.
5. Never leave the grill unattended. Be patient and don't ever abandon your post.
4. Learn to cook by sight: Watch the edge of meats become opaque indicating doneness.
3. Learn to cook by touch:
a. Soft = Rare
b. Some Resistance = Medium
c. Firm = Well Done
2. NEVER trust a skinny Chef!
1. ALWAYS USE SWEET BABY RAY'S BARBECUE SAUCE!
About the Restaurant
Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Restaurant is located at 800 E. Higgins Rd., Elk Grove Village; (847) 437-9555. The restaurant is open Monday and Tuesday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Wednesday and Thursday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday Noon to 11 p.m. and Sunday Noon to 9 p.m. Sweet Baby Ray's also offers a private room for special occasions. To learn more about Sweet Baby Ray's, call (847) 437-9555 or visit online at www.sbrbbq.com.