December 13, 2009 (CHICAGO) --Republican Mark Kirk and Democrat Alexi Giannoulias are in the lead for their respective parties in the race for the U.S. Senate, according to a new poll. The Chicago Tribune reports out of the potential voters poled for the Democratic Primary:
- 31 percent support Alexi Giannoulias.
- 17 percent support Cheryle Jackson.
- 9 percent back David Hoffman.
- 8 percent support other candidates
- 35 percent remain undecided.
For the Republican Primary:
- 41 percent support Mark Kirk
- 13 percent of those polled support other candidates
- 46 percent remain undecided.
The poll has a margin of error of four percentage points.