Family of 7 in Windsor sick from carbon monoxide

January 17, 2010 9:02:33 PM PST
A family of seven in the town of Windsor was sent to the hospital Sunday for carbon monoxide poisoning.DeForest firefighters and officials from Madison Gas and Electric Co. were called to the home on Sunday. Officials spent three hours ventilating the home and trying to find the source of the leak.

Deputy Fire Chief Brent Foss says the leak might have come from a swimming pool heater.

The family members started feeling sick about the same time the carbon monoxide detector indicated a problem.

The two adults and five children were alert when firefighters arrived. They were taken to a Madison hospital.

Information from: Wisconsin State Journal, http://www.madison.com/wsj


Load Comments