Oven: 375 degrees
Pan: 13" X 9"
Yield: 24 bars
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons (5 oz.) butter, softened
1/3 cup (2.5 oz.) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Nutella
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon clove
1 1/3 cup (6oz.) sorghum flour
2 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon (1 oz.) rice flour
2 Tablespoons Expandex
2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon (1 oz.) potato starch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup apricot or raspberry jam
1. In mixer, cream butter and sugar until light in color. Add egg, vanilla and Nutella. Mix until smooth.
2. In another bowl, measure the dry ingredients together .
3. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated being careful not to over mix.
4. Line 13 X 9" pan with parchment paper. Take 1 1/2 cups of dough and carefully spread in the pan. (Hold the edge of the parchment paper as you spread).
5. Chill for 30 minutes. Then bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven.
6. Spread the apricot jam on the prebaked crust. With the remaining dough dot the top of the bar across the surface. You should have open spaces where the jam shows through.
7. Bake in the oven for additional 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool.
8. When cooled, dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut bars into 24 pieces.