The Pampered Chef's new microwave chip maker lets you make a healthier, homemade version of potato chips, in a reasonable portion size.
- Chef's Tips
- For the crunchiest results, we recommend using Setting 1, the thinnest option, on the Simple Slicer.
- You can season the homemade snack with your favorite rubs. Brian will use Smoky Barbeque Rub in the segment.
- You can also use the chip maker to make apple, tortilla and pita chips.
- All chips are delicious with dips. If you want to make a dip, mix with a few tablespoons of your favorite rub/seasoning, with 1/2 low fat mayo, 1/2 low fat sour cream. It's as easy as that.
- Crispy and Healthy Potato Chips
- Using a Simple Slicer, grab a small to medium potato (Brian is using a Russet potato - but Yukon, sweet potato, even yucca make great chips as well), and begin slicing potato. Place them on a paper towel in a single layer. Sprinkle each slice with salt or desired rub. Once seasoned, arrange the slices on a single layer on The Pampered Chef's MakerMicrowave Chip Maker. Place chip maker in center of microwave on the turntable, and microwave for designated time, based on chip of choice.
- Classic Dill Dip
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp All-Purpose Dill Mix
- Assorted fresh vegetables (optional)
Combine mayonnaise, low-fat plain yogurt and All-Purpose Dill Mix. Mix well; cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Serve with fresh vegetables.
Yield: 16 servings (about 2 cups dip)
Nutrients per serving (2 tbsp dip, excluding optional ingredients): Calories 60, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 110 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g