February 16, 2012 --Time Out Chicago Kids' editor-in-chief, Amy Carr, said seven Chicago bakeries that have desserts inspired by the iconic Girl Scout cookie: the Thin Mint.
The thin mint desserts are in the February/March edition of Time Out Chicago Kids, which tackles everything you need to know about the mysterious age group of tweens. timeoutchicagokids.com.
- Thin Mint-- inspired treats
- The "Thin Mint" from Angel Food Bakery; 1636 Montrose, Chicago; (773) 728-1512; http://www.angelfoodltd.com/. A chocolate wafer cookie with mint ganache and chocolate coating.
- Chocolate Mint Gelato from Black Dog Gelato, 859 N. Damen Ave Chicago, IL; 773.235.3116; BlackDogGelato.com. Bittersweet chocolate gelato with peppermint oil added in.
- Chocolate Mint Pie from Hoosier Mama Pie Company;1618 1/2 Chicago Avenue; 312 243-4846 ; hoosiermamapie.com . A chocolate cookie crust with crunchy cocoa nib "candy bar" layer, plus a layer of mint infused ganache and a layer of chocolate mousse.
- The Lady Mint from Sarah's Pastries & Candies, 70 East Oak St.; 312-664-6223; sarahscandies.com/. A Chocolate shortbread sandwich cookie with chocolate mint ganache filling, dusted in powdered sugar.
- The Thin Mint Cupcake from Flirty Cupcakes; http://www.flirtycupcakes.com/. Track down this popular food truck to try the chocolate cupcake with peppermint butter cream filling, peppermint ganache and crumbled thin mints.
- Chocolate Mint Boulder from Floriole Café and Bakery; 1220 West Webster Ave., Chicago; (773) 883-1313; www.floriole.com/. Dark mint-chocolate flake meringue dipped in dark chocolate
- Patty Cake from Brown Sugar Bakery; 328 E. 75th St.; Chicago; (773) 224-6262; http://www.brownsugarbakerychicago.com/. An enormous four-layer chocolate cake with mint frosting and dark-chocolate ganache.