Faulty wiring cited as cause of S. Side fire

April 6, 2012 2:50:21 PM PDT
Fire officials say an electrical issue was the cause of a massive fire at a South Side appliance store.

There was a brief flare up at the building in the 4800 block of S. Ashland Friday morning.

Fire officials say the fire at Garza Appliance resale store started just before 7 p.m. Thursday night because of faulty wiring.

The fire quickly spread to three nearby buildings and caused a partial collapse of the Garza Building.


Load Comments