Last year's show set an attendance record, with more than 18,000 guests, and the 2013 show brings fresh excitement and enticing attractions, like SeaWorld's Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin (opening in Orlando in 2013.) There's a heated, 15,000-gallon scuba tank for diving, Alaskan Sledding Dogs waiting to greet you, plus multiple theaters for cooking, music and dance events.
More than 150 exhibitors from around the world will also be at your service, presenting everything from weekend getaways to dream escapes. Plan to sleep in a cabin in the Redwoods or take an 80-day drive on the Silk Road. The possibilities are endless.
"Planning a vacation has never been more fun. Being the country's largest series of travel shows, this is a must-see travel extravaganza," said John Golicz, CEO of Unicomm, which produces the event in five cities nationally. "Whether you want to trek the rainforests of Costa Rica or discover nearby attractions in Wisconsin and Michigan, there is something for everyone."
Your guidebook to the show directs you to:
- Travel Experts-- the travel celebrities Rick Steves and Patricia Schultz are just a few of the experts who will be on hand, with two full days of discussions, presentations and workshops planned
- Hands-On Activities -- scuba pool, and SeaWorld's Antarctic Experience are all free
- Culinary Theater -- you can taste the international flair -- literally -- as chefs demonstrate their best recipes from far-flung lands
- Global Beats Stage -- non-stop musical and dance performances representing cultures around the world (with many in full costume) will entertain and intrigue
- Dream Destinations -- representatives will be on hand from U.S. locales (including Alaska and Hawaii), as well as experts who can help plan trips to Africa, Antarctica, Asia, the Caribbean, Central and South America, Europe, India, Mexico, the UK -- even Yap Island in the western Pacific Ocean
The Travel and Adventure Show is the longest-running series of consumer travel events in the U.S. with shows in Los Angeles and the Bay Area (Santa Clara), Chicago, Washington D.C. and Dallas. In Chicago, the Travel and Adventure Show is presented by WLS-TV (ABC/Channel 7). The national magazine sponsor is Budget Travel. The event's Supporting Sponsor is SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. The event's Official Travel Agency Partner is AAA Travel. For more information on attending or exhibiting in the event, please visit www.adventureexpo.com or call 203-878-2577 x100.