Navigation system users will want to use the following street address: 2301 South Martin Luther King Drive, Chicago, Illinois, 60616. For detailed direction to McCormick Place, click here.
Parking is also available at both McCormick Place and, on weekends, at Millennium Park Garage. For more information on parking at the Chicago Auto Show, click here.
McCormick Place is easily reached by car or public transportation. There is extensive shuttle bus service from all area parking lots to and from McCormick Place, and Weekend-only shuttle service from the Millennium Park and East Monroe Garages. Weekend shuttles stop in 10-15 minute intervals near Columbus/Lower Randolph and at Gate 3 at McCormick Place. For more information on parking, click here.
Scooter and Wheelchair rentals are available by contacting Scootaround's toll-free hotline at (888) 441-7575. You can also submit a rental inquiry on the web http://www.scootaround.com/rentals/c/chicagoautoshow, or by fax at (204) 478-1172. Scooter rentals are $50.00 a day and Wheelchair rentals are $20.00 a day. Scootaround is happy to accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover or AMEX. Scootaround is located at Gate 4 of McCormick Place (west end of the Grand Concourse). While Scootaround will make every effort to accommodate all needs, you are encouraged to reserve in advance.
- FROM INDIANA Via the SKYWAY: Take the Indiana Tollway, I-90 West, to the Chicago Skyway, to the local traffic lanes of the Dan Ryan Expressway, I-94 West to the Stevenson Expressway, I-55, North to Lake Shore Drive South, and follow the signs to McCormick Place.
- FROM INDIANA Via I-80/I-94: Exit I-80/I-94 on the Bishop Ford Expressway and proceed to the Dan Ryan Expressway, I-94 West to the Stevenson Expressway, I-55, North to Lake Shore Drive South, and follow the signs to McCormick Place.
- FROM the NORTH, NORTHWEST or O'HARE AIRPORT: Take the Edens Expressway, I-94, East to the Kennedy Expressway, I-90, East to the Dan Ryan Expressway, I-94 East. Continue east on the Dan Ryan, keeping to the right, exit North on the Stevenson Expressway, I-55, to Lake Shore Drive South and follow the signs to McCormick Place.
- FROM the NORTHWEST or O'HARE AIRPORT: Take the Northwest Tollway, I-90, East to the Kennedy/Dan Ryan, I-94, East to the Stevenson Expressway, North, I-55, to Lake Shore Drive South and follow the signs to McCormick Place.
- FROM the WEST: Take the Eisenhower Expressway, I-290, East to the Dan Ryan, I-94, East. Keep to the right and exit on the Stevenson Expressway, I-55 North. Proceed to Lake Shore Drive South and follow the signs to McCormick Place.
- FROM the SOUTH: Take the local traffic lanes on I-94 West, the Bishop Ford Expressway, to the Dan Ryan, I-94, West to the Stevenson Expressway, I-55 North to Lake Shore Drive South and follow signs to McCormick Place.
- FROM the SOUTHWEST or MIDWAY AIRPORT: Take the Stevenson, I-55, North to Lake Shore Drive South and follow the signs to McCormick Place.
McCormick place has direct access to the Lakefront Trail. Bike parking is available along the Lakefront Trail. For more information on Bike access and the Lakefront trail, please visit http://www.chicagobikes.org.
McCormick Place offers on-site parking. There are three main McCormick Place lots. A, B & C. Lot A & C is $21. Lot B is $14. All McCormick Place lots are $10 after 6 p.m. during Chicago Auto Show dates only. Parking fees can be paid by cash or credit card; VISA, MasterCard and American Express are accepted. Parking lots are open throughout event hours. Overnight parking is not available, and there are no in-and-out privileges.
SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS & PRESIDENTS DAY (Feb. 18) ONLY the Chicago Auto Show operates free shuttle bus service to and from the Millennium Park Garage. On these days only parking rates at Millennium Park are $18 per day. Parking fees can be paid by cash or credit card; VISA, MasterCard and American Express are accepted. Parking lots are open throughout event hours. Overnight parking is not available. The automobile entrance for the Millennium Garage is on South Columbus Drive between Monroe Street (from the south, heading north) and Randolph Street (from the north, heading south).
Furthermore, free shuttles stop in 10-15 minute intervals at both the Upper Randolph / Lower Randolph pedestrian exits. For more information visit www.millenniumgarages.com.
Chicago Transit Authority bus routes are a convenient travel option for those heading to the 2014 Chicago Auto Show at McCormick Place from the North and South beginning Saturday, February 8, 2014 through Monday, February 17, 2014. Bus service is available during all hours the show is open.
CTA's #3 King Drive and #21 Cermak bus routes provide direct service to McCormick Place.
#3 busses supplement service will operate between Fairbanks/Ontario and McCormick Place, operating every 20 minutes from 5pm to 11pm on weekdays (5pm to 10pm on the last Monday, February, 17), and from 9am to 11pm on weekends.
#21 buses supplement service will operate between the Halsted Orange Line Station and McCormick Place, operating every 20 minutes from 9am to 11pm on weekends.
CTA Auto Show Service
CTA also will operate bus routes dedicated to Auto Show service. The routes will run from 9 am to 11 pm every 12 to 20 minutes on weekdays (9am to 10pm on last Monday, February, 17), and 9 am to 11 pm every 10 to 20 minutes on weekends. The routes will provide convenient connections with CTA's rail lines downtown and Metra lines at Ogilvie Transportation Center and Union Station.
From Union Station, the shuttle stops at Clinton/Quincy and Jackson between Canal and the Chicago River. For passengers returning to Union Station, the shuttle stops at Adams/Canal.
From Ogilvie Transportation Center on Clinton at Washington, the bus will be making stops south on Clinton to Jackson, and east on Jackson to Wabash. The nearest shuttle stops to the Jackson-Blue Line station are Jackson and Dearborn going toward Auto Show, and Adams and State going toward train stations. A stop is also made on Columbus at 11th to serve the Museum Campus.
From Columbus and 11th, the buses run express to McCormick Place. Customers can connect to buses on Jackson from the Blue Line at Dearborn, the Red Line at State, and from Brown, Green, Orange and Pink Line trains serving the Adams/Wabash station (one block north of Jackson). The shuttle connects to the Red Line at Jackson ? Red Line station. Nearest shuttle stop is Jackson and State going toward Auto Show and Adams and State going toward train stations.
For bus customers who use CTA fare media, fares are $2 and transfers are an additional 25 cents. For rail customers the fare is $2.25 and transfers are an additional 25 cents. Single ride from O'Hare is $5. The fare for bus customers paying cash for a single-ride is $2.25. Transfers are not available for customers paying fares in cash. Student reduced fare for ages 7-20 with a valid CTA Student Riding Permit: 1st ride is .75 cents and transfer is .15 cents between 5:30am and 8:30pm.
For further information about CTA service, call 836-7000 (all local area codes) or visit the CTA web site at www.transitchicago.com.
Metra service from the north, west and southwest suburbs connects to McCormick Place via CTA bus (see above).
Metra Electric Line service from the Loop and southern suburbs and South Shore service from northeast Indiana stops on the lower level of McCormick Place. Parking at Metra and South Shore stations is best in the evenings and on weekends. Metra offers a $7.00 round-trip pass on weekends.
For all schedule and fare information call RTA Travel Information at 836-7000 (all local area codes) or visit http://www.rtachicago.com.