What sets THE 4 DAY DIET apart from other diets is Dr. Ian's emphasis on the mental component of weight loss, or "Mind Over Fat." As the diet expert on Celebrity Fit Club, the creator of the national weight loss initiative "The 50 Million Pound Challenge," and through work with thousands of dieters across the country, Dr. Ian has learned that the most critical part of weight loss success is mental preparation. Losing weight is 80 percent mental and 20 percent physical, as Dr. Ian says, and people need to "train their brain" to take on one of life's toughest journeys.
THE 4 DAY DIET program is broken down into 4-day "modules," so it's much more effective and easier to stick with. Here's why:
- You can focus on just a few days rather than several weeks, which can feel overwhelming.
- The modules allow you to work a variety of foods into your diet, so you don't get bored eating the same food and you don't feel like you're depriving yourself.
- Varying the types and amount of food you eat keeps your body off-kilter, requiring it to burn more energy, and preventing the much-dreaded weight-loss plateau
Dr. Ian designed THE 4-DAY DIET so you can customize your own program. After the first two modules, detox to purify accumulated toxins in the body and transition, to gradually reintroduce certain foods, you can do the remaining 5 in whichever order suits your schedule or preferences or you can simply repeat the modules you like best:
- Induction (detox/cleansing)
- Transition (to reintroduce all food groups
- Protein Stretch (to avoid plateaus)
- Smooth (when you can have some formerly forbidden foods like pizza and french fries)
- Push (the sprint, just before the final stretch, back to a stricter eating plan)
- Pace (a comfortable module for you to catch your breath)
- Vigorous (the final module to lose those last few pounds)
THE 4-DAY DIET includes charts, questionnaires, mental exercises, more than 60 easy-to-fix, tasty recipes and more than 50 convenient snacks, helping anyone stay on track and motivated to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals. With over twenty years of experience watching how and why dieters lose weight and how they don't Dr. Ian has developed a remarkably effective program that anyone can stay on for life.About Dr. Smith
Ian K. Smith, M.D. is the #1 bestselling author of The Fat Smash Diet and Extreme Fat Smash Diet. He is the diet expert on VH1's "Celebrity Fit Club", a medical contributor to many network news programs such as ABC's "The View" and "The CBS Early Show," and the creator of the national weight loss initiative "The 50 Million Pound Challenge."