2. Then, add (1/2) half-pound coarsely ground coffee. When pouring the water over the grounds, the water should be added gently, in a circular motion, to make sure all the grounds get wet and there are no dry pockets.
3. Slowly pour (4) four cups of water over the grounds, then add the remaining (1/2) half pound ground coffee.
4. Slowly pour (3) three additional cups of water over the grounds.
5. Finally, wait five minutes and slowly add (1) one cup of water.
DO NOT STIR. Lightly tap the topmost grounds with the back of a spoon to ensure all grounds get wet. Allow to cold brew for 12 hours before draining.
BREW - We recommend that you cold-brew your coffee grounds 12 hours to achieve maximum results.
6. Remove the stopper and let coffee concentrate flow into the glass decanter. Toddy's cold brewing process should yield (6) six cups (48 fluid ounces) of coffee concentrate. The coffee beans absorb the balance of the water.
7. SERVE - The Toddy produces a naturally low acid, bold yet smooth coffee concentrate that may be refrigerated for up to 14 days without any deterioration in taste or freshness. And, importantly, there's no waste.