Sponsored by JWR Tours, tour buses leave from Chicago and travel to 2300 Jackson Street, the origin of the Jackson legend. Along the way you'll be treated to a history lesson on life in Gary when the Jackson family lived and worked there. You'll meet people and see places that make up the environment that nurtured the King of Pop. The tours will be guided by longtime Gary residents who knew the Jackson family and were their classmates or neighbors.
Tours are scheduled every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm. The inaugural tour is Saturday, July 25. Tickets are $55; $45 for 6 to 12 years; free for children 5 years old and under. For reservations and more information, call 866-717-TOUR (8687).
KING OF POP- TOUR ROUTE
1. 2300 Jackson Street
2. Michael Jacksons former Junior High School
3. The high school which his brothers and sisters attended
4. The corner store where they shopped.
5. The Steel Mill where their dad worked
6. The old location for the 1first record company that signed them.
7. One of the first venues where they performed in Gary
8. The theater building that still holds the Jackson sign today
The King of Pop Inaugural Tour
Saturday July 25
BOARDING TIME: 12 noon
LOCATION: 1539 E. 53RD ST. Behind Borders in the public parking lot
DEPARTURE TIME: 12:30pm
TOUR LENGTH: 3 1/2 - 4 hours depending on traffic
For more information, please call 1-866-717-TOUR or visit www.thekingofpoptours.com.