- 12 pieces Mazzancolle (substitute available shrimp)
- 2 cups Cannellini beans (cooked)
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pint Cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 10 each Basil leaves
- To taste Sea salt and black pepper
In a large mixing bowl combine tomatoes, coarsely chopped basil, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and black pepper and stir vigorously to create a creamy tomato basil sauce. Set aside.
In a large pot of salted water, warm the cannellini beans. When the beans are warm, strain and add to the tomatoes. Bring the water to a boil, add the shrimp to the boiling water and cook for approximately two minutes. When the shrimp are cooked add them to your tomato basil sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Serve immediately while still hot or at room temperature.