- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed through a garlic press (or minced)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 30-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup CoConut Dream Drink
- Chives, celery leaves, or croutons for garnish
In a stockpot, melt the butter and sauté onions and garlic until they are translucent. Add black beans, pumpkin puree, and tomatoes, stirring until combined. Add sugar, cumin, chili powder, pepper, paprika, beef broth, and cream.
Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes. (This soup can be served as is, or pureed in a blender before serving.) Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped chives, celery leaves, or croutons.