Fundraiser helps fire victims left without parents

December 20, 2011 (LAKE STATION, Ind.)

It happened earlier this month.

The fire started in the kitchen of the northwest Indiana home. Three-year-old Andrew Collins and 1-year-old Landon Teel were seriously injured. They remain hospitalized.

Their mother, 29-year-old Jennifer Teel, died of smoke inhalation as she was trying to save them.

A private funeral service was held for Teel Tuesday morning.

Copyright © 2019 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.