- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved and blanched
- 1/2 cup Nueske's bacon lardons
- Fleur de sel salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup pickled pearl onions plus 2 tablespoons brine/pickling juice
- Chopped turkey/chicken/game bird
- 1 each farm egg
- Soft herbs
- Leftover pan gravy
- Any kind of leftovers you can think of.
- 1/2 cup toasted nuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1T Agave nectar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Render the bacon in a large skillet until slightly brown. Remove and set aside. Place the sprouts in the bacon fat, half side facing down and cook until brown. Add the pickled onions and bacon until warm then add the juice. Fry the egg in a pan and set aside. At the end, mix all ingredients together and place in a serving vessel. Slide the egg on top and drizzle with the pan gravy. Season with sea salt and black pepper.