As summer continues to heat up, editor of GiltMAN.com, Tyler Thoreson, showed the ultimate summer guide to the top trends in men's swimwear from today's hottest male celebs.
From swimsuits to sunglasses, shoes to accessories, Gilt MAN has every guy covered for Chicago's beach season. And as we know, this summer has been hot enough to hit the beach every day!
- Gilt.com is all about lifestyle and shopping experiences for members, allowing them to discover (or rediscover) the best men's, women's & kids fashion, food, home décor, and local city experiences, most at up to 60% off, and now see how to get some of our favorite celeb's looks for less pieces from our men's sites, Gilt MAN and Park & Bond.
- There is a special link for ABC viewers to join Gilt Groupe (it is an invitation only site) and get inside access on how to score all of these AMAZING designer deals today! Log onto www.gilt.com/abcchicago to check out this seasons go-to looks, all available on Gilt.com and our local experience site, Gilt City Chicago... and all at up to 70% off!
CLASSIC CUT: Inspired by Celeb Brad Goreski
- Guys can't go wrong sticking with classic look for swimwear. However, the classic look means guys should be ready to ditch those big and billowy shorts of past and opt for trimmer silhouettes that aren't as baggy and doesn't hang below the knee.
- The classic cut is also for the Chicago guy that doesn't want to stray too far from his typical trunk. It's great for those who like a classic look, but with an updated cut and length.
- This style is favored by avid beach-goers, like Bravo's TV star --Brad Goreski , who has been spotted hitting the beach in this classic look with a denim button down shirt and a pair of high top sneakers.
Grab this classic look and additional beach necessities that are an instant go-to this summer from Park & Bond.
- Jack Spade Cotton Chambray Shirt, $99 from Park & Bond
- Hartford Classic Swim Trunks, $145 from Park & Bond
- New Balance Low Top Sneakers, $75 from Park & Bond
- Vilebrequin Beach Bag and Towel Set, $220 from Park & Bond
TROPICAL FLORAL: Inspired by celeb Scott Disick
- We're also seeing many stars stepping out in some seriously cool tropical floral looks. Most guys might want to stay away from flowerly fun but floral prints can be a masculine choice with the right pattern and color.
- This tropical print is a great option for a more conservative guy who's maybe not used to incorporating a lot of color into his wardrobe.
- Reality TV star and noted male fashionista, Scott Disick, has been seen showing off this fun summer print in the classic cut, "volley shorts" we saw earlier.
- This great summery pattern seen on Scott is a hot trend making flowers not just a thing for the ladies this swimsuit season.
- TIP: What do all of our models and all of these celeb guys have in common? Great grooming! The key to a great swimsuit look is being perfectly polished when hitting the beach this summer. The foundation of all these great looks today is from John Allan's salon, and this week on GILTCITY.COM (GILT.COM's sister site that curates amazing local experiences) we are creating a special offer just for our members. Gilt City is offering up to 50% off men's style treatments from John Allan's, one of Chicago's leading men's salons that truly offers the full experience for guys including everything from a haircut to manicure, to hair color to facials and massages!
- This week Gilt City is offering Two Signature Visits for $68 that include a scalp massaging shampoo, conditioning treatment, with hot towel, haircut, manicure, shoeshine and beverages! Regular, $136.
- Gilt city is also featuring for its members a Three Month Membership to John Allan's for $125 (Regular $250) that features a three-month membership for one including unlimited services. This way guys can get a scalp massage, shampoo, haircut or shoe shine whenever they want! Also include a 10 percent discount on additional services and two full-service gift certificates for friends and family.
- Brooks Brothers, Washed Solid Polo, $59.50 from Park & Bond
- Vilebrequin Moorea Scooter Print Trunks, Original Retail: $200, Gilt MAN: $120
- Generic Man Vintage Chukka Boots, Original Retail: $325, Gilt MAN: $150
- Ray-Ban Folding Wayfarer Sunglasses, $155 from Park & Bond
BACK TO BLACK & NAVY : Inspired by Celeb Justin Timberlake
- Forget about the 80's-inspired neons and brights we're seeing this summer…there's a big batch of celeb guys that are hitting the beaches in black and navy trunks!
- Black and navy coloring for trunks is an athletic look that's simple and masculine. Do away with those ultra bright neons and opt for this laidback summer look that is a definite go-to for any Chicago beach, from North Avenue to Oak Street.
- Celebs like Justin Timberlake,have been seen surfside in effortlessly handsome black and navy colored trunks that help show off a killer tan.
- But this look is not just for the gents who are hitting the waves out west this summer. Lake Michigan studs, who have been prepping for beach season all winter long, can grab this manly summer look from Gilt MAN.
- Puma Apparel Transparent Mesh Jacket, Original Retail: $65, Gilt MAN: $39
- Benson Pocket T-Shirt, Original Retail: $40, Gilt MAN: $19
- Onia Charles Swim Trunk, Original Retail: $130, Gilt MAN: $49
- PF Flyers Double Tongue High Tops, Original Retail: $90, Gilt MAN: $55
SPORTING STRIPES: Inspired by Celeb Channing Tatum
- From color blocking to micro, diagonal and horizontal, celebs are also are sporting an array of different swimwear stripes this summer.
- Stripes are always a big trend and this summer is no different with nautical inspired stripes sitting alongside broad and bold stripes.
- Stripes are a great way to show off your favorite colors ! Mix and match bright, bold colors with neutral colors such as neon and navy blue striped swim trunks.
- One of the many celebs that's been seen suited up in striped swimwear at the beach is the Magic Mike hunk, Channing Tatum, who makes striped shades of pink look a lot more rugged that usual!
Although it may be hard to attract the same amount of attention from the ladies as Channing, nabbing a similar pair from Park & Bond won't be.
- Gilbert & Lewis Striped Tank, $58 from Park & Bond
- Brooks Brothers Rugby Stripe Boardshort, $75 from Park & Bond
- Vans California Authentic Canvas Sneakers, $65 from Park & Bond
To shop all of the great men's swimwear you saw today make sure you check out the special link for ABC viewers at www.gilt.com/abcchicago, all available on Gilt MAN!
- Miansai Double Wrap Bracelets, $55 - $68 from Park & Bond