Chicago Endurance Sports Head Running Coach, Lori McGee-Koch discovered the best hydration products to put to use while preparing for this Sunday's (September 9th) 16th Annual Chicago Half Marathon & Hyundai Hope on Wheels 5K. chicagohalfmarathon.com
- Nuun Active Hydration - Created as a portable alternative to the classic sports drink, Nuun Active Hydration tablets dissolve in water and deliver a flavorful, fast-absorbing electrolyte blend without the sugar and carbs found in most sports drinks. Nuun tablets are also good for the earth: one tube prevents the manufacture of twelve 16 oz. plastic bottles!
- Zym Endurance -Zym Endurance tablets dissolve in water and provide a light, fresh flavor to runners looking for a quick and easy refresher. Zym Endurance tablets also contain a blend of electrolytes, Vitamin B and other components that make them effective against fatigue, muscle burn and dehydration.
- Zipfizz- This all-natural energy drink mix-powder delivers a potent blend of micronutrients to the body's fuel system without the jitters runners might get from energy drinks containing high levels of caffeine or sugar. Because Zipfizz doesn't contain sugar, runners will experience an increased energy level without the sudden crash associated with most energy drinks.
- O.N.E. Coconut Water- O.N.E. Coconut Water begins with young, green coconuts which contain nutrient-rich liquid known as coconut water. O.N.E. Coconut Water goes from the coconuts into containers without being reformulated or fortified. O.N.E. Coconut Water is a refreshing drink for any fitness or leisure activity.
- G2-Natural Thirst Quencher - Designed to deliver hydration to athletes during lighter competition and exercise, G2 Natural Thirst Quencher uses ingredients such as sea salt, fruit flavors and natural sweeteners to provide hydration to runners with only 20 calories per 8 oz. serving!
- ZICO Pure Coconut Water- ZICO contains the five electrolytes that support your body with what it needs to stay hydrated and perform at your best. One ZICO has more potassium than a banana – 15 times more than most sports drinks - to prevent cramping. ZICO is great before, during and even after workouts.