Suburban boy recovers from severe burns after fire

July 3, 2013 (ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill.)

Adorien, a second grader from Kimball Hill Elementary School, was released from La Rabida Children's Hospital.

He suffered severe burns on his arms, face and torso after he knocked over a candle and set his clothes on fire.

While hospitalized, Adorien won the hearts of the doctors and staff. When it was time for him to leave, they sent him home in style-- in a limousine!

Copyright © 2019 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.