Here's more about the coach and players:
Head Coach Emma Hayes
- London native is considered one of the shining stars among coaches in women's soccer
- As First Assistant, Hayes held the Arsenal Ladies win every title in Europe in 2006
- Has also had a successful coaching stint in the US at the college and semi-professional level.
- Was named the 2008 US Soccer Female Athlete of the Year
- Scored the gold medal clinching goal in the Beijing Olympic Finals
- An Olympic gold medalist and a veteran of the US National Team with nearly 120 appearances for her country
- Has scored in both of the Red Stars first two games this season
Megan Rapinoe (ra-PEA-no)
- One of the most exciting young players in WPS
- Just graduated from University of Portland where she was the 2008 West Coast Conference Player of the Year
- Skillful and flamboyant striker for Brazilian National Team
- Finished 3rd in the World Player of the Year voting in each of the last two years
- Was the Leading Goal Scorer in each of the last two Olympic Games (Athens 2004 and Beijing 2008)
The Red Stars opened their inaugural season last Friday with a 1-0 win at Saint Louis Athletica; Lindsay Tarpley scored the team's first goal. The Red Stars tied in their second road game against the Washington Freedom on Saturday. They will play their historic home-opener at Toyota Park in Bridgeview, on Sunday, April 19; they will face Sky Blue FC from the New York area at 5 pm.
- It's the first-ever women's professional soccer game at Toyota Park.
- Single game tickets can be purchased through Ticketmaster, or at the stadium box office
- Season tickets start at only $10 per game. Visit www.chicagoredstars.com
- For the inaugural game, nationally acclaimed recording artist and Chicago native Michael McDermott will be performing the National Anthem
- There will be $1 hot dogs at the stadium
- In the Fun Zone, kids can hear the Radio Disney Road crew before the game. There will be interactive inflatables, face-painters, poster-making stations, balloon twisters, and Brazilian drummers.
Season tickets, starting at $120 for 10 regular season games plus two bonus games, are on sale now. Call (866) WPS-2009 or log on to www.chicagoredstars.com for more information.