½ Cup Semolina
¼ Cup Unsalted butter
¼ Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
To taste Salt and pepper
1 cup Goat cheese
As needed AP flour
1. In a large heavy bottom pot, combine the butter and milk and bring up to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to a simmer and very slowly whisk in the semolina to avoid creating lumps as it begins to absorb the milk.
3. Continue to cook over low heat stirring frequently until all of the liquid is absorbed and it begins to thicken.
4. Season with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Add the parmesan cheese. Mix well to melt the cheese and fully incorporate it into the semolina.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
7. Spread out on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic pressed onto the surface so a skin does not form as it cools.
8. Roll into 1 inch balls.
9. Fill with goat cheese and dust with flour.
10. Fry at 350° until golden brown