1. With a paper towel, pat dry scallops to remove excess moisture.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over scallops and dredge scallops in porcini powder liberally.
3. Heat large heavy gauge sauté pan to medium high heat, add EVOO.
4. Carefully place scallops in pan being sure not to over crowd. Sear on one side for approximately 45 seconds to one minute.
5. Turn and sear on other side and drop temperature down to medium low heat and continue to sear for another two minutes or until scallops are slightly firm to the touch.
Medium to medium rare is the desired internal temperature for optimum use. 6. Turn heat off and remove scallops from the pan and reserve on a paper towel lined platter for service. Keep warm.
1. Be sure to clean cauliflower and coriander leaves thoroughly. pat dry to remove excess moisture.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients, except butter and reserve for 10-15 minutes.
3. Heat a medium sized, heavy gauge sauté pan to medium high heat.
4. Add butter and place cauliflower evenly distributed in the pan and sear for approx. 45 seconds or a little dark.
5. Turn cauliflower over, continue searing, add water and turn heat off.
6. Leave the cauliflower in pan for 5 minutes or until ready for service.
1. Combine capers, prunes and water in a small sauce pan.
2. Simmer gently until prunes are plump, about 15 minutes. Do not simmer rapidly to avoid reduction.
3. Let mixture cool and puree it in a blender. return sauce to pan and keep warm for service.
Sam and Harry's: Since July 2006, Sam & Harry's in Schaumburg, Illinois has not only offered guests a pristine fine dining venue with its grandeur glass walls and warm, inviting ambiance, but also an extensive menu of American dishes that include superior USDA prime steaks along with daily shipment of fresh seafood. With a private chef's table in the heart of the action of the open kitchen and a central glass-encased private dining space, the culinary team at Sam and Harry's appreciates intriguing pairings that entice guests' palates. With an extensive 300 bottle wine program, Sam and Harry's is the premier Chicagoland location for a superior dining experience. Sam & Harry's is located at 1551 Thoreau Drive North, Schaumburg, IL 60173. Please visit www.samandharrys.com/chicago/index.html for more information. samandharrys.com