Yield: 15-20 cookies
3/4 cup sorghum flour
3/4 cup rice flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, unsalted, cut into chunks
1 egg, large
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Parchment lined cookie sheets.
2. In a bowl, place flours, salt, baking soda, Xanthan gum and cream of tartar. Blend well.
3. Add butter and blend until mixture looks like peas size chunks. Add sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix well on medium speed until mixture comes together to form a soft dough. Shape into a log. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
4. When ready to cut, unwrap log. Roll log in sugar/cinnamon mixture. Slice the log into 1/4-inch cookies. Place cookies on parchment lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle top of cookies with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
5. Bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.