A recent survey from Visa Inc, showed that the average American family with teenagers plans to spend $1,078 for each child on the prom. That's a 33.6% increase over last year. But you don't have to spend a lot of money to look your best.
Lisa Stricker has some affordable options available from various stores at Woodfield Mall, shopwoodfield.com.
- Katie: High-Low, Strapless Dress from Macy's $109.
- Ronnie: Black Tux rented from Men's Warehouse, platinum tie and vest, Rentals start at $60
- Jennifer: White, Long Dress with slit from Jessica McClintock, $200
- Tana: Mermaid-Style Dress from Jessica McClintock, $245.
- Nolan: Gray Single-Button Suit from Bachrach. Black and white plaid shirt with white collar and cuffs., total $395.
- Audrey: One-shoulder long print dress from JC Penny, $30 Blue strappy heels, $40
- Kyah: Silver short dress with sequins/beading from Nordstrom, $295