- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- Scant ? teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less, to preference)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ozs button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 c diced onions
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 c Jameson whiskey
- 1 1/2 c heavy cream
1 Combine the butter, cayenne and paprika. Place into a saute pan and melt over medium heat.
2 Add the mushrooms and onions, and cook until softened and slightly browned. Season well with salt and pepper.
3 Take the pan off the heat and add the Jameson. Return to the hear, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan for just a few seconds until the whiskey is nearly evaporated.
4 Add the cream and cook until reduced by half and thickened.
5 Add the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.