Since Chicagoans love to eat, and Indian food is a favorite, we brought Executive Chef Ahmed Mirza Baig and Ahmed Irfan Khan, President & CEO, Taaza2U (http://taaza2u.com/), into our ABC7 studio to show us how to make a traditional Indian dish.
Tandoori Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs Chicken Leg quarters
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon mace powder
- 1 table spoon Lemon juice
- 3 table spoons yogurt
- 2 table spoons vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
1. Combine everything into a bowl and thoroughly mix it.
2. Score the Chicken Leg quarters and place it in the bowl with the marinade.
3. Pre-heating oven or grill to medium high.
4. Place the chicken cook it for about 8 to 10 minutes per side.
5. Serve it with Tandoori Bread or Basmati Rice.