Chef David Blonsky, Executive Chef of Dineamic Group, and Robert Krutchen, Greater Chicago Division Board Member of the March of Dimes, came into our ABC7 Eyewitness News studio to talk about the event.
Signature Chefs Auction
6 - 10 p.m.
Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
301 E. North Water Street
Ticket Prices: $250
Deadline to register: Thursday, November 14th
Buy tickets: www.marchofdimes.com/illinois/events/events_10939.html
Chef Blonsky's Recipe: "Pasta in a Jar"
Yield: 4 Servings
1 pound Gemelli pasta (crock srew)
2 each Duck legs, confit (freezer section of grocery store)
2 cups Mushrooms (oyster and shitake work well)
1 cup Heavy cream
4 ounce Foie gras, diced into medium cubes
2 Tbs. Brandy
1 Tbs. Port
2 each Garlic cloves, minced
2 sprigs Thyme
1 each Fresh bay leaf
2 Tbs. Unsalted butter
2 Tbs. Chopped chives
TT Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
1. Heat a small saucepot with 1 Tbs. of butter, add foie gras and saut? for 3-5 minutes until well caramelized. Add garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
2. Deglaze pot with the brandy and port until it reduces by half, add in heavy cream and fresh herbs and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the sauce from the stove and take out the herbs. Pour the sauce into a blender and puree until smooth, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Remove the duck meat from the bones and reserve.
5. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add a good pinch of salt and then cook the pasta until al dente. Strain the pasta and set aside
6. Heat a saut? pan with 1 tbs. of butter and saut? the mushrooms until well caramelized, season with salt and pepper. Add in the duck meat and cook for another 2 minutes. Add in the foie gras sauce and bring to a simmer. Add the pasta and cook for 2 minutes until well incorporated, then pate the pasta and garnish with the chopped chives. Enjoy!