- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans chopped clams with juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and sauté the garlic 1 minute, until tender. Mix in the clams and juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
3. In a large bowl, toss the spaghetti with the sautéed clams, chopped parsley, and Parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley sprigs to serve.
Nutritional Information for quick clam spaghetti:
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbohydrates: 44.5g
Dietary Fiber: 3.4g
Note: To improve the nutrition even more on this recipe, use a whole grain pasta – or one with at least 2 g fiber per serving.
Recipe courtesy of www.allrecipes.com. Find this and other ideas on www.jewelosco.com – click on plan to see recipes.