15 very ripe medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 medium English cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped, reserve ½ cup for garnish
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons Spanish smoked paprika
1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon aged sherry vinegar
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup diced red bell pepper
½ cup roasted fresh corn kernels
½ small red onion, finely diced
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• In small bowl, pour tomato juice over bread cubes and let soak until very soft, about 30 minutes.
• Transfer bread mixture to blender and purée until smooth.
• Add tomatoes, roughly chopped cucumber, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, and paprika and purée until very smooth.
• Add 1/4 cup vinegar.
• With motor running, slowly add 1 cup oil in slow steady stream, and then blend until fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
• Transfer gazpacho to airtight container and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
• In medium bowl, toss together diced cucumber, bell pepper, corn, onion, ground black pepper, and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
• Ladle gazpacho into bowls. Spoon chopped vegetable mixture into middle of each bowl, dividing evenly among bowls. Serve immediately