Fire breaks out at Chicago landfill

CHICAGO The fire in a generator at 2000 East 122nd Street was fueled by methane.

Crews arrived on the scene at approximately 6:30 a.m., and the fire was extinguished a couple of hours later.

Before putting water on the flames, firefighters had to wait for officials to shut down the methane line. The fire ended up burning the insulation and storage area around the generator.

No homes were threatened, and no one was injured.

Copyright © 2019 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.